Higher Education Convention 2011
Higher Education Convention, 20 - 21 September 2011
Client - Skills Development Scotland
Skills Development Scotland wanted a central, accessible venue with easy coach parking for a careers fair for 2,000 5th and 6th year pupils over two days. A large space was needed to set up approximately 50 stalls for the education providers present and allow easy circulation for attendees. Equally important was the need to look after exhibitors and ensure they too had a positive experience.
- Exhibitors were provided with floor plans early on and were able to see their position and area clearly
- Exhibitors were given access from the evening before, allowing unhurried stand set up and preparation, plus a prompt start the following morning
- Exhibition stands located throughout the main ground floor areas
- Exhibitor hospitality areas were created on floor 1, overlooking but separate from the main fair areas
- GSC provided a secure area for exhibitors to store materials and a programme to manage exhibitor stand collateral
- Additional catering provided at the GSC Café and Street Café to meet the extra demand from having so many visitors within the building
- Registration desk set up within Link building to manage the arrival and departure of schools throughout both days
- GSC hosts on hand to manage the traffic flow within areas of the building that members of the public were also using
- A successful event with over 2,000 pupils attending
- Securing the 2012 HE Convention, the 4th year in a row that the event will be held at GSC
- Event remained at same high standard as previous years although on a lesser budget
Looking for an event with a difference? Download & discover our spectacular offer...