Eggsplore this Easter
Eggs-plore at Glasgow Science Centre this Easter holiday! With over 400 exhibits, the grand opening of our new Question of Perception Zone, and lots of flashes, crashes and bangs in our workshops and shows- its an cracking day out for all the family!
Eggs-plore the Science Mall
NEW Question of Perception
Things are not what they seem in our brand new Question of Perception Zone. Intriguing illusions and strange experiences will delight all ages in our new exhibition. Have your whole universe tilted in our Wacky Salon, look into infinity and grow and shrink in the Ames room. There are visual illusions, physical challenges and mind-bending puzzles to engage your brain. Every exhibit will make you rethink how you experience the world.
Explore the three floors of the Science Mall home to nearly 400 exhibits. There are screens to touch, buttons to push, gears to crank and lots of things to get your hands on. Perform a virtual autopsy, go for a run in the giant hamster wheel, build a Lego dam, have a boogie on the energy dance floor, move objects with the power of your mind feel the force of the wind in our hurricane booth. If you have little ones, make sure you visit our under 7s area which includes a soft play area.
All of our workshops and shows are included in your science mall ticket:
- Egg Drop Challenge: Design and build a pod for the precious cargo – a raw egg! Launch it from a great height and find out if your egg survives or splats!
- Electronics in Action (Sat/ Sun): Try becoming an Electronic Engineer with our super user-friendly Little Bits kits. Learn about circuits and work together to solve every day electrical problems. Over 8s only
- Flame On!: What is fire? How do we use it? How can we make sure we use it safely? Come and find out in GSC's hottest science show!
- Virtual Reality: Try out our Virtual Reality headsets and get thrown into a new situation. Find out how this new technology can be used every day and in industry. Over 13s only
- Creative Technology Space: Drop in and be part of the maker revolution as you get to grips with our creative tech. You can use electronics to solve a problem or design a device that makes music. You could be a creative designer of the future. Over 8s only
- BodyWorks Dissections: Watch as we dissect a heart or lungs and discover how they work, with the option to get hands on and investigate yourself!
- Laser Cutting (Mon-Fri only): Find out all about Laser Cutters and what they can do. You can also customise your own item to take home. Over 8s
- Superhero Science : Agents of A.W.E.S.O.M.E (Sun 2nd/ Sat 8th/ Sun 16th & Mon 17th April): Holy science Batman! Join the Agents of A.W.E.S.O.M.E from Glasgow University in their award winning show as they investigate the science behind superpowers!
For £3.00 you can add on a visit to the fulldome digital planetarium and explore the cosmos with our expert presenters or see a fulldome film.
- Space Explorers- The perfect show for younger visitors to our new digital planetarium. Explore the night sky and take a trip to the Moon before flying through the solar system to see a planet up close.
- Wonders of the Night Sky - Take a dramatic tour of our solar system, from the International Space Station to distant planets, and then head into interstellar space as we explore our galaxy and our place in the cosmos.
- Cosmic Visions: Astronomy Photographer of the Year- This live fulldome planetarium show is a celebration of the most spectacular visions of the cosmos. Astrophotographers from around the world enter the annual Astronomy Photographer of the Year competition, and in this show you can see some of the very best pictures ever taken of our universe. The show will be narrated live by one of our astronomers, who will then take you on a tour of the night sky.
- Back to the Moon for Good (fulldome film) - Narrated by Tim Allen, this is a complete behind-the-scenes feature on the $30 million Google Lunar XPRIZE, the largest incentivised prize in history.
- We are Aliens (fulldome film) - Are we alone? Is it possible to find life beyond earth? Take a journey to find out in this Rupert Grint narrated 360° Planetarium film from the award-winning NSC Creative team.
Enjoy unrivalled panoramic views of Glasgow from over 100metres up. Glasgow Tower is the only structure on earth capable of rotating 360 degrees into the prevailing wind and holds the Guinness-World-Record for the tallest fully rotating freestanding structure in the World. At 127 metres high, the equivalent of over 30 double-decker buses, the Glasgow Tower is the tallest freestanding building in Scotland. Please note, Glasgow Tower closes in high winds.