What's on this weekend
In the Science Mall
Visit the three floors of the Science Mall where you can play for the day with over three hundred exhibits! There are screens to touch, buttons to push, gears to crank and lots of things to get your hands on. You can perform a virtual autopsy, move objects with the power of your mind, run on our sprint track, feel the force in the hurricane booth and boogie on the energy dance floor. If you have little ones, make sure you visit our under 7s area which includes a soft play area.
Plus discover the incredible potential of a fast-expanding field of physics and what it could mean for future tech and careers in the interactive exhibition, 'Quantum Technologies: Making the invisible visible'!
Go for a run in our Giant Hamster Wheel exhibit
Included in your Science Mall ticket are some fun activities, workshops and shows.
- Be part of the maker revolution as you get to grips with our Creative Tech. You can use electronics to solve a problem or design a device that makes music. You could be a creative designer of the future.
- Prepare to be amazed in our presenter Heart Dissection workshop! Learn about the structure and functions of the heart and find out how these highly specialised organs help you be you! This activity is suitable for ages 8 and over.
- Explore light, dark and shadows in our Shadow Puppets workshops. Make and test your own shadow puppet in this sign up activity most suitable for under 7’s
- Join us on an exciting mission to explore how we could power transport in the future in Minecraft: Hour of Code.
- In the Science Show Theatre's Future Fuels, there's plenty of explosive demonstrations to show how we could be travelling in the future.
- Come and try being an engineer and learn about how satellites stay safe in space. In Space Junk use Lego® MINDSTORMS to simulate the orbital motion of satellites around earth.
In the Planetarium:
For £3.00 you can add on a visit to the fulldome digital planetarium and explore the cosmos with our expert presenters or see a fulldome film.
- Space Explorers- The perfect show for younger visitors to our new digital planetarium. Explore the night sky and take a trip to the Moon before flying through the solar system to see a planet up close.
- Wonders of the Night Sky - Take a dramatic tour of our solar system, from the International Space Station to distant planets, and then head into interstellar space as we explore our galaxy and our place in the cosmos.
- Cosmic Visions: Astronomy Photographer of the Year- This live fulldome planetarium show is a celebration of the most spectacular visions of the cosmos. Astrophotographers from around the world enter the annual Astronomy Photographer of the Year competition, and in this show you can see some of the very best pictures ever taken of our universe. The show will be narrated live by one of our astronomers, who will then take you on a tour of the night sky.
- Back to the Moon for Good (fulldome film) - Narrated by Tim Allen, this is a complete behind-the-scenes feature on the $30 million Google Lunar XPRIZE, the largest incentivised prize in history.
- We are Aliens (fulldome film) - Are we alone? Is it possible to find life beyond earth? Take a journey to find out in this Rupert Grint narrated 360° Planetarium film from the award-winning NSC Creative team.
To book tickets to the Science Mall and the planetarium, please call 0141 420 5000.
In the Cineworld IMAX at Glasgow Science Centre
Take in an incredible 3D film that puts you out in space, or transports you to far flung corners of the globe to see amazing wildlife!
For the latest movie releases and to book tickets visit www.cineworld.com